company: Mondo Search
location: SA Other
Industry: Agribusiness & Farming, Viticulture
Date Posted: 26 June 2018
A great role for an experienced,talented and innovative winemaker to make their mark with a leading, premium Coonawarra winery.
- Small Team
- Excellent Culture
- Coonawarra/McLaren Vale Locations
Our client is one of the first wine growing families in Australia, now with a pedigree of five generations making wine in Coonawarra.
They produce exceptional world class, award-winning wines.
With vineyards and a cellar door also in McLaren Vale, they are wishing to appoint a talented Winemaker to their team.
In your role as winemaker you will be responsible for the planning of day to day production of wine ensuring that wines are matured and despatched within specification, staff are efficiently utilised, and the winery is maintained efficiently.
Reporting to the Senior Winemaker you will take an active role in the promotion of the company and its products.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
Tertiary qualifications of a Bachelor of Science (Wine Science) or a Bachelor of Oenology from a recognised Australian University or equivalent educational institution
- Minimum 5 year’s winemaking experience post qualification.
- A thorough knowledge of winery, processes, procedures and operations
- Experience in the production of premium Australian wine and development of premium wine brands
- Knowledge and understanding of the Domestic and International markets for wine
- Willingness to travel interstate and overseas to promote the Company’s wines and brands
- Willingness to travel to McLaren Vale and other regions as required to perform duties including the sourcing, harvest and delivery of grapes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage with industry colleagues, wine writers, media and customers
- Highly motivated, dedicated and committed to long term career with the winery.
- Innovative and embraces change
- Initiative and ability to work in a small team environment
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate, delegate and successfully manage a team
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, remain focused and deliver outcomes in a timely
- Excellent character and conduct; loyalty, honesty and integrity
- Computer literacy
- Experience winery management computer software, preferably EZY
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Mechanical aptitude
- Forklift License